Deer House

Deer House

Managed deer parks were regular part of country life in the Middle Ages to support the hunting hobby of the aristocracy and nobility. This deer shelter in Auckland Castle grounds was built in about 1760 by Richard Trevor, Bishop of Durham to provide a feeding place and shelter for the deer. It also had rooms which the bishop and his guests used for picnics while enjoying the view and resting from their day's hunting.
Ref:
Date:
2012-09-02 00:00:00.0
Location:
Bishop Auckland
Photographer:
Kevin Wise
Deer House

Deer House

Managed deer parks were regular part of country life in the Middle Ages to support the hunting hobby of the aristocracy and nobility. This deer shelter in Auckland Castle grounds was built in about 1760 by Richard Trevor, Bishop of Durham to provide a feeding place and shelter for the deer. It also had rooms which the bishop and his guests used for picnics while enjoying the view and resting from their day's hunting.
Ref:
Date:
2012-09-02 00:00:00.0
Location:
Bishop Auckland
Photographer:
Kevin Wise